Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!

I was making a quick trip to Wal-Mart for a few things. As always, I was searching the parking lot for loose change. Just as I was going to give up, I found 2 pennies and quickly put them in my chain maille bag.

Slowly but surely I am getting to the end of Step 14. Winter will soon be here, so the loose change in the parking lot may be getting a little more scarce then it already is .

I want to wish everyone a happy and safe Halloween. This project reminds me of a gentleman whose house we used to go to as a kid. He didn't hand out candy to us, but instead, he threw a handful of pennies into our bags, much to our disgust too. Now if I could only remember where he lived!


Balance - $70.06 + $.02 = $70.08

$11.84 from Completing Step 14!


Till next time.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rule #10 can be tricky indeed. If you drive 60 miles to someone's house to complete a transaction, the $8 for gas is deducted from the stake. Same thing if you're marketing a product via massive quantities of phone calls, or selling items you already own - not having obtained them with the stake money.

I had planned to follow all of the rules, except for the last half of Rule #1 which states that any money you find after the first penny can be added to the stake.

If one randomly happens upon a $10 and adds it to the stake, he exerted no effort to advance severals steps. He learned nothing whatsoever about how to actually double the stake at that level. This bypasses the gradual progression of the skill required to complete the next step.

Of course, after several weeks of unsuccessfully trying to double my penny, it would have been impractical not to follow this rule.

~ rqaz