Saturday, November 04, 2006

Review of Rules!

There is a handful of people doing the doubling system right now. We basically have the same goal - Start with nothing and end up with $1,000,000 or whatever the goal is.

I visit the other doublers' blogs to keep up on their progress. After reviewing the blogs I found one thing inconsistent between all of us. We each interpret the rules differently. I use all of the rules as they were written by Mr. Goldsmith. Some doublers pick and choose from these rules and some have just made up their own.

This is no big deal to me, but it moved me to review the rules and make sure that I remembered them. Upon this review one of the rules stuck out as the most hardest to follow. That rule is #10!

Rule #10 states - You must use only the stake money, not 'stolen' or 'hidden' resources.

What was met by the creator of this rule was that a person could not use an office copier to make copies of prints that you were going to sell in the doubling effort. In the true doubling effort, you would create the art( or work) yourself, then pay the photocopying store the fee to copy them. Anything different from this would be deemed 'stealing' or 'cheating'.

Wow, that is pretty harsh isn't it? If you think about it, I don't think it is. I believe each rule is there to help develop a great business sense and planning ability. If you rely on 'stealing' or 'cheating' to keep your business going, you will probably end up like Enron or WorldCom!

So as I move on in this effort, I will be create something of value and will be wanting to exchange it for money, hopefully making a profit. As I do this Rule #10 will be my guiding light in creating a smart and just business.

Till next time.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rule #10 can be tricky indeed. If you drive 60 miles to someone's house to complete a transaction, the $8 for gas is deducted from the stake. Same thing if you're marketing a product via massive quantities of phone calls, or selling items you already own - not having obtained them with the stake money.

I had planned to follow all of the rules, except for the last half of Rule #1 which states that any money you find after the first penny can be added to the stake.

If one randomly happens upon a $10 and adds it to the stake, he exerted no effort to advance severals steps. He learned nothing whatsoever about how to actually double the stake at that level. This bypasses the gradual progression of the skill required to complete the next step.

Of course, after several weeks of unsuccessfully trying to double my penny, it would have been impractical not to follow this rule.

~ rqaz

Unknown said...

rqaz,

Thanks for your comment and happy to see that others had the same conflict as I had.

If you add the money from adsense to your stake from your doubling blog, then do you have to account for the cost of the computer, electricity etc. or do you just say well I could go to the library and do the blog for with their free internet access.

I think if it is not to abusive of the rule, like selling things you already own, then it should be permitted.

As for rule #1, adding $10 to the stake because you found it does teach something I think. It shows that luck sometimes is involved in any business.

It is being at the right place at the right time. If Bill Gates would have gone to IBM a year later than he did, we might not have a Microsoft today!

Well, thanks again for your comment.

Scott

richpeasant said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
richpeasant said...

I can't say I've done every single thing I'm supposed to exactly to the last letter - But I haven't ever added stake money.

I sold things I found and one or two books I owned but didn't use any more.

The bit about using a photocopyer is no big deal anyway. Information can be sold to make 500% - 1000% profit. I will probably be using this method to clear the step I'm on.

After that I'll be doing some investing.