Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Made It To Wal-Mart!

I finally made it to Wal-Mart to return the bottles I had collected from work this past week.

I have to admit that taking sticky, dirty and nasty pop bottles back to the store is not my favorite thing to do. Taking three or four garbage bags back at a time probably adds to my dislike of this chore and just makes it that much worse the next time I take them back. The evolution of bottle return has gone from the consumers favor, to that of the retailer.

It used to be that the store employees would have to sort through the cans and bottles and count them in order for you to get your deposit back. But, technology has put that burden back on the consumer with the new fangled bottle return machines that have come out on the market lately.

Anyway, back to the task at hand. As mentioned above I returned the bottles and received $10.90 for my efforts last week. This amount will be added to my stake.

That means that I have completed Step 12 and have started towards completing Step 13!

Step 12 Complete! Balance $10.93 + $10.90= $21.83

$19.13 from Completing Step 13!

Till next time.....

No comments: