Saturday, September 23, 2006

My Chainmaille Bank!


I have nothing to report as far as increasing my stake. I do have some cans and bottles to take back in the next couple of days though.

I wanted to share with you how I keep my money safe. A couple of years ago I started making chainmaille. Chainmaille is a very old artform. It is most predominately first noted in the ages of the knights and kings in England. They sewed large rings together for armor to protect them selves in battle. I have made rings, bracelets, earrings, coifs and bags.

When I first started this journey, I was not sure where I would keep my collections. Then I remembered a small bag I had made with chainmaille. It would be the right size, not to bulky and something I could hide away from everyone. I have added a picture of a similar bag for you to look at. The one I made is the same size, but has a blue and red stripe around it. Mine took about 10 hours to make. That time is just for connecting the jumprings together. It would have taken a few hours more if I had made the jump rings by myself as a lot of the chainmaille artists do.

So today I was thinking that there will be a time when the pouch will not be large enough or I will need to do transactions with a checking account. When that time comes, I think I will use this pouch to help complete a step. So save your pennies to have your chance to get my Double2Mil pouch.

Till next time.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Thanks for the link ! I'll put a link to you on my blog now :)
Rachel.