Friday, August 18, 2006

Here We Go!

Now that I am all caught up on the background for this project, I decided to start my journey a few days ago while on vacation with my family.

We went to the Mt Olympus Water and Theme Park in Wisconsin Dells, WI. It was part of my daughters' birthday present. I pondered on whether to start then or after our trip, but figured a large theme park like this would be a great start for my project. ( Also try the famous "Duck Boats" if you are ever in the Wisconsin Dells)

As we walked in to the park, the screams of frantic ride goers and smells of carnival sweets filled our noses and set the kids wanting to go in ten different directions. This pandemonium fogged any memory of starting my project.

As we were standing in line for some goodies, the 'magical' first penny caught my eye on the ground in front of me. A big rush of "accomplishment" filled within me and a huge smile went on my face.

A new sense of priority was instilled into me with the discovery of that penny, and now my mission was to find more! But, sad to say I ended the day with just one penny. No matter I will find more!

Step One - Complete! Balance - $.01

No comments: