Sunday, August 13, 2006

How Double2Mil Came About!

I can't remember exactly the first time I heard this story, but it has always fascinated me. It goes something like this.

A boy goes into a local store and asked the owner for a job. The owner tells the boy that he isn't hiring at this time.

The boy then thanks the owner and leaves. The boy comes in everyday to see if there is an opening, only to leave again rejected.

Finally after a week of this the boy tells the owner that if he hires him, he will start out at $.01 a day as long as the owner would double that everyday for 30 days.

The owner thinks for a second (laughing in his head at the kid) and agrees to the deal.

Well, as the story goes, 30 days later the store owner handed the kid the keys to the store because he was unable to pay the boy the wage that they had agreed upon.

I was dumbfounded by this and immediately started doing the math. WOW! Even after I had it figured out, it still seemed impossible.

Check out this link that provides a similar story written by Cindy Lanius.

Cindy's Story

So after a recent search on Google about this topic, I only came up with one relative match beside Cindy's paper. (This almost astounded me more than the story did.)

It was a blog about a man, who started with nothing and was doubling his money to a million dollars. He his the inspiration for this blog. Please check out Gerard's progress at the following link.

Gerard's Blog

Gerard's inspiration was a report written by Stuart Goldsmith entitled "How to Double Your Way to Million in 28 Steps". You may read this report in the following link.

Stuart Goldsmith's Report

Mr Goldsmith is the author of 'The Midas Method', 'Seven Secrets of the Millionaires" among others. After reading this report, I too, decided to embark on a mission to double my way to a million dollars, starting with absolutly nothing.

In future posts on Double2Mil, I will go over the rules that have been set by Mr. Goldsmith that will guide me in my endeavor. Once the groundrules have been set, I will keep you posted on my progress, what I have learned along the way and whatever else that may cross my path on this journey to a million.

Feel free to post comments or to start you own doubling effort. Till next time...

No comments: